Spend five memorable days on a tour of Sri Lanka with a variety of sightseeing activities. Visit the Golden Temple of Dambulla, bicycle around the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, tour Sigiriya Rock Fortress and see the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa) — all UNESCO World Heritage sites. Your comprehensive itinerary includes breathtaking scenery of Sri Lanka’s hill country, jungle trek, tuk-tuk transport and an ox-cart ride in a rural village. Includes 3-star hotels with daily breakfast.
Feel The Beauty Of Sri Lanka On This Sri Lanka Private Tour
Spend four memorable days on a private tour of Sri Lanka with a variety of sightseeing activities. Visit the Golden Temple of Dambulla, trek through the tea gardens, bicycle around the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, tour Sigiriya Rock Fortress and see the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa) — all UNESCO World Heritage sites. Your comprehensive itinerary includes a jungle trek, tuk-tuk transport and an ox-cart ride in a rural village. Includes 3-star hotels with daily breakfast.
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeing), only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This 5 days trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka tours, we run in our Original style, perfect for those, who look for a one-week trip and a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip in Sri Lanka or a shorter trip please check our other tour itineraries.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours, city tours early in the morning or afternoon, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover to wrists and below the knee. Same time you have to remove the head covers and shoes upon entering the temple. Please click here to know more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temple visits.
Why you'll love this trip
- Wander through the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth in Kandy, which houses one of Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relics – a tooth of the Buddha
- Enjoy the breathtaking hill country scenery
- 2 hours trek at Sigiriya rock fortress
- Witness the beautiful paintings and statues at the ancient temple of Dambulla
- Explore the palm-tree beaches and streets of the west coast, perhaps even stopping for a massage along the way
- Walk around the perimeter of the grassy Galle Fort, check out the gorgeous views, and grab an icy ginger drink at a cafe in town
Places you visit on this trip
- Polonnaruwa ancient city (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Polonnaruwa.
- Sigiriya rock fortress (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Golden temple Dambulla (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Dambulla golden temple.
- Temple of sacred tooth relic temple (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Tooth relic temple.
- Minneriya national park (Safari). Read more about the Minneriya safari.
- Royal botanical garden (1 hour 30 minutes walk in the garden). Read more about the botanical garden.
- Sri Lanka Tea plantations tour. Read more on the Sri Lanka tea plantation tour.
- Spice gardens.
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage. Read more on Elephant orphanage.
- Touring Sri Lanka’s cultural triangle.
- Experience Sri Lanka’s historical and cultural heritage while visiting thousands of years old monuments.
- Cycling through the ancient monuments in Polonnaruwa.
- Go bicycling, ride a tuk-tuk and take an ox-cart ride.
- Kandy sightseeing tour with Kandyan cultural show.
- Visiting Kandyan cultural show and witness the acrobatic performance of Sri Lankan dancers and listen to the soothing music of musicians.
- Take a 360-degree panoramic view from the summit of the Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Walking through the Spice Garden while learning about herbal trees and plants and spices.
- Walk in the Tea plantations and Royal Botanic Gardens of Peradeniya, Victoria Park and many more.
- Minneriya safari park in search of wild elephants, crocodiles and other wild creatures with a local guide and driver.
- Visiting the Pinnawala elephant orphanage and seeing the elephant bath on the Maha Oya River.
- 4 nights of accommodation at standard tourist hotels with daily breakfast at the hotel
- 4 Breakfasts starting from day 2
- Transport by air-conditioned car or van with English speaking driver/guide (please inquire about other languages
- Hop-on hop-off guided tour at Polonnaruwa ancient city
- Guided walking tour of Sigiriya rock fortress
- Guided temple tour of Dambulla and tooth relic temple
- guided village tour
- Kandy city tour
- Colombo city tour
- Gangarama temple
- Independent square
- Kandyan cultural show with gem museum
- Spice garden
- All current taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tips & Gratuities
- Hiriwadunna village tour with Lunch
- Daily lunch and dinner
- Entrance fees for
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Dambulla cave temple
- Polonnaruwa monuments
- Tooth relic temple
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Village tour Sigiriya and cooking class
- Royal botanical garden
- Any other expense not mentioned in the Inclusions section
This tour can be booked with 4-star hotels, If you need any other category of hotels please inquire.
Cancel five days prior to arrival for a full refund
Choose your payment method
We offer you mainly three payment options credit card payments, bank transfers or payment on arrival. You can choose whatever is the most convenient payment option for you. If you opt for payment on arrival we will collect a 10% advance payment from you as a guarantee, once the booking is confirmed.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for this tour
- All visitors to Buddhist and Hindu temples are expected to remove footwear and hats upon entering the temples.
- Dresscode, shoulders and knees should be covered
- The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Subject to favourable weather conditions
- If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not suitable for travellers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, and we will arrange your tour you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Time : 7:00 am
Meet and greet by Seerendipity tours representative ane leave for Sigiriya, En-route
Stop At: Dambulla Cave Temple
You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia and driven to Dambulla. Visit the Cave temple of Dambulla (UNESCO World Heritage). Spend overnight in Sigiriya, duration: 2 hours.
Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Time : 7:30 am
SIGIRIYA / POLONNARUWA / SIGIRIYA
After the breakfast leave for Polonnaruwa ancient city, en-route
Stop At: Polonnaruwa Sri Lanka
In the morning, take a morning cycling tour at one of the best-maintained ruins of ancient Ceylon - the UNESCO World Heritage City of Polonnaruwa where was the medieval capital of Sri Lanka, duration: 3 hours.
Stop At: Ancient City of Sigiriya
In the afternoon, drive from your hotel to Sigiriya and Climb the Sigiriya rock fortress where you will visit rocky abode and water gardens (UNESCO World Heritage site & one of the Wonders of the World), duration: 3 hours.
Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Time : 8:00 am
SIGIRIYA / KANDY
After the breakfast leave for the hotel in Kandy, en-route visit Spice garden and village tour,
Stop At: Hiriwadunna village tour
In the morning, trek through the archetypal Sri Lankan Typical village. The trek begins with an awesome walk along a Wewa or man-made reservoir. The reservoir, the surrounding scrub jungle, marshland and village are a hive of early morning or evening activity. You will continue your tour with a bullock cart ride up to a village house where you can experience a Sri Lankan Lunch, duration: 3 hours.
Stop At: Spice Garden
After Lunch, we will drive to Kandy. En route visit a Spice garden in Matale. For centuries, spices have been one of Sri Lanka’s most celebrated exports and are used for not only food but also medicines and cosmetics, duration: 1 hour.
Stop At: Temple of the Tooth
In the afternoon, you will take a city tour of Kandy including a visit to the temple of the sacred tooth relic, upper lake drive, market square, gem lapidary and more. Spend overnight in Kandy, duration: 2 hours.
Overnight stay in Kandy
Time : 8:00 am
KANDY /NUWARA ELIYA
After the breakfast leave for a sightseeing tour of Kandy, and proceed to Nuwara Eliya En-route,
Royal Botanical Gardens
Visit Peradeniya Botanical Garden, one of the best botanical gardens in Asia,
duration: 1 hour.
Ramboda Waterfall, Pussellawa Sri Lanka
Trek to the Ramboda waterfalls and enjoy the beauty of nature, duration: 30 minutes.
Tea Factory, Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka
On completion of this visit, you will drive to Nuwara Eliya. En-route visit a tea plantation and tea factory where the best tea in the world is produced, duration: 2 hours
Nuwara Eliya sightseeing tour
Explore Nuwara Eliya on a walking tour with our guide. The places to visit includes gregory lake, downtown Nuwara Eliya, Nuwara Eliya market, Gregory Lake, Victoria park.
Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya
Time : 9:00 am
NUWARA ELIYA / COLOMBO
Breakfast at the hotel and leave for Colombo, en-route Colombo sightseeing tour
Today after breakfast, you will be taken back to your hotel in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia or Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo.
End of the tour