One Day Crocodile Safari with Bentota Sightseeing (Private Tour)-Escape west coast’s tourist hotspots to explore off-the-beaten-track mangroves, ancient temples, museum, carefully laid gardens, turtle conservation project and beaches on this full-day eco-adventure trip.
One Day Crocodile Safari with Bentota
One Day Crocodile Safari with Bentota Sightseeing (Private Tour)- Bentota, nicknamed as golden mile, due to its golden-coloured beaches, is the most popular beach holiday destination on the island. Apart from the palm-fringed beaches Bentota also offers wetlands, rainforests, diving sites, water sports centres, forts, historical sites, ancient temples and many other tourist places.
Enjoy visiting all major highlights of Bentota such as Sea turtle conservation centre, Bentota beach, Mask Museum, spice garden and Moonstone mines on this private 1-day tour from Colombo, Negombo, Bentota and Kalutara. With round-trip private transportation from your hotel, you can sit back and enjoy the scenery on the journey.
Once there, follow a carefully curated itinerary, 1st activity is a patrol on the Bentota river in search of 4 meters crocodiles, snakes, monkeys and birds. These creatures occur in the mangrove lagoon, thickly grown mangrove lagoon take a shape of a tunnel and there is enough space for the boat to travel. Crocodiles are mostly occurring on the bank of the river while absorbing ten heat of the sun.
- A full-day eco-adventure trip from Bentota
- Explore one of Sri Lanka's last remaining mangrove forests
- Spot many animals species such as crocodiles, monkeys, and snakes and monitor on a 2 hours boat trip
- Slowly ride in a motorboat along mangrove channels
- Learn about traditional masks and dancing of Sri Lanka when you visit the mask museum, some of the masks are more than thousands of years old.
- Learn about spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, pepper etc while walking through the spice garden.
- Learn about herbal massage and indigenous healing systems, Ayurveda.
- Visit Bentota Beach.
- Visit one of the oldest Buddhist temples on the island, Kande vihara.
- Visit the Sea turtle conservation project and meet volunteers from all around the world that work relentlessly to make a better future for this endemic animal species. Witness 5 different species of endemic sea turtle species.
- Visit a moonstone mine where you can witness the traditional way of gem mining in Sri Lanka. Same times learn about precious stones found in Sri Lanka such as blue sapphire, moonstone, topaz etc.
- Private tour for just you and your party.
- A comprehensive tour of Bentota hits all the highlights.
- The guide provides navigation and engaging commentary.
- All round-trip transportation from your hotel.
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeing), and only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This compact trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the shortest trips we run in our Original style, perfect for those with very little time and a desire to do the most with it.
- The tour mainly revolves around Sri Lanka's west coast, where you get miles of miles pristine beaches. You will be making frequent stops along the west coast to visit tourist places.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours and city tours when the heat is low (in the morning and evening), there are instances that we have to do them during mid-day, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover to wrists and below the knee. Please check this article to know more about rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temples.
- All entrance fees and activity cost
- Entire ground transportation in an air-conditioned, private vehicle
- 2 hours boat trip along the Bentota river with visits to the mangrove lagoon
- English-speaking driver/guide (please inquire about other languages)
- Visit spice garden
- Visit Mask museum
- Visit Moonstone mines
- Visit the sea turtle conservation centre
- Hotel pick and drop from Colombo, Bentota, Kalutara
- Highway toll
- All government taxes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Cancel five days prior to arrival for a full refund
Choose your payment method
We offer you mainly three payment options credit card payments, bank transfers or payment on arrival. You can choose whatever is the most convenient payment option for you. If you opt for payment on arrival we will collect a 10% advance payment from you as a guarantee, once the booking is confirmed.
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, and we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
COVID-19 special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, masks are provided
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or changes to this trip. You can also WhatsApp us at 0094774440977.
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / BENTOTA / COLOMBO
Meet and greet by Seerendipity tours representative and drive to Bentota, En-route
Stop at sea turtle conservation protect
Kosgoda Turtle Care program aims to protect sea turtle eggs and increase hatching rates. We not only do hatching but also we treat disabled Turtles and treat the weak ones due to fishing. Our staff patrols the beach all night looking for mother sea turtles that come out of the ocean to lay their eggs. Release of baby turtles (in the evening) Please tip your guide if you enjoyed the tour. Additional donations to the centre are warmly welcomed. Call Santha if you are in any doubt or want to experience a turtle release in the dawn.
Bentota river safari, duration: 2 hours
Bentota River is one of the biggest rivers on the island, near the Smalltown "Aluthgama" along the Colombo Galle highway. The river flows through a terrain where it creates a large number of islands, and the ecosystem creates a beautiful wetland. The hotels around provide boat rids through the canals created at a good cost. And there are loads of places to stay, dine and wine.
Bentota beach is the most popular beach holiday destination on the island. The unique location of Bentota beach resort is one important reason for its popularity as a beach holiday destination. Bentota holiday resort is located on a peninsula and it is connected with the mainland at its southern border.
Bentota is mainly comprised of the narrow strip of land that spreads along the north-south axis. Unlike most other islands, Bentota is surrounded by both the sea and a river. One side of the island is the Bentota River while the western side of Bentota is flanked by the Indian Ocean. Large numbers of hotels are built in this narrow strip of land enabling the travellers to have a peaceful atmosphere during the holiday.
Visit a spice garden at Matale where spices and herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown Spices of Sri Lanka attracted the early seafaring merchants who made the long voyages to purchase this precious merchandise.
Kalutara is historically important due to the fact that it was one of the 32 places indicated by Arahant Mahinda Thera to the king Devananpiya Tissa in the 2nd century B.C. as a place where one of the thirty-two saplings of the sacred Sri Maha Bodhi tree in Anuradhapura is planted, to which the King extended his patronage. It is recorded in the Sinhala Maha Bodhi Wansa that until such time when the Maritime Provinces were subjugated by the Portuguese in 1505 A.D., the historic Kalutara Bodhi exited intact.
In the 16th century, this sacred site was turned in to a Portuguese fort. Though no harm is supposed to have done to the Bodhi it was not venerated by the people during that period. It was after the planting of a Bodhi in the lower terrace of Pahala Maluwa by an Indian Prince from the Pandya country named Wickrama Pandya in 1042 A.D. that the public began to venerated and consider the site as a sacred place. This prince from Indian became viceroy in the Kalutara area.
After the Portuguese, the Dutch too use of the present upper terrace or the uda maluwa area as a camp followed by the British as well, subsequently.
During the British period, since the latter half of the 19 century, it was used as an office premise with the residence of the Government Agent.
After visiting Gangathilaka temple, you will be visiting mask museum, moonstone mines as well as Bentota beach.
Later return to hotel