Instead of long bus journeys or haggling with cabs, see Sigiriya rock and Dambulla cave temple in one stress-free and illuminating private tour from Colombo and west coast hotels. With your own air-conditioned vehicle to relax in and a driver-guide to share the UNESCO-listed sites’ history;
Sigiriya and Dambulla: A One-Day Private Tour
Instead of long bus journeys or haggling with cabs, see Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla Cave Temple in one stress-free and illuminating private tour from Colombo and west coast hotels. With your own air-conditioned vehicle to relax in and a driver-guide to share the UNESCO-listed sites’ history, you can cover more ground in a day, be free to make other stops, and obtain a deeper understanding of both attractions than if exploring alone.
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeing); only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This one-day trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka tours, which we run in our Original style, perfect for those who look for a one-week trip and have a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip in Sri Lanka or a shorter trip, please check out our other tour itineraries.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours and city tours early in the morning or afternoon, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way, you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visited a number of temples on this trip, and to enter them, you must have clothes that cover your wrists and below the knee. At the same time, you have to remove the head covers and shoes upon entering the temple. Please click here to learn more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lankan temple visits.
Why you'll love this trip
- Visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress, the proposed 8th World Wonder and one of the oldest landscaped gardens in the world, which dates back to the 5th century.
- Visit Dambulla Golden Temple, the sacred pilgrimage site for 22 centuries with 157 Buddha statues and paintings (with a surface area of 2100 m2).
- Guided hike at Sigiriya Rock Fortress to learn about the historical site.
- Jeep safari in the national park of Minneriya in search of wild elephants, jackals, deer, mongooses, monitor lizards, and other creatures frequently seen in the park
- Take a panoramic view from the summit of Sigiriya Rock.
- Trek to Dambulla’s Cave Temples and witness one of the oldest cave temples in the world.
- See the families of macaques (monkeys).
- Swap buses and cabs for the comfort and flexibility of a private vehicle.
- Explore the sites and hear background on them. You might miss it by yourself.
- wildlife safari in Minneriya National Park.
- Relax with convenient pickup and drop-off at hotels in Colombo on the west coast.
- Entire ground transportation as per the tour itinerary in an air-conditioned, private vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking driver or guide (please inquire about other languages)
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure, and pick-up from the hotel, can be arranged.
- All government taxes
- Expenses of a personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc.
- Any meals not specified throughout the tour
- Site Guide for Sigiriya Rock
- Entrance fees (the customer should pay at the entrance)
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Dambulla golden cave temple
- Pidurangala temple
- Safari in Minneriya National Park
Book now and pay later.
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled-out tour booking form, and we will arrange your tour. You can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we will match the price of other tour packages and, furthermore, add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax, etc.
Cancel 24 hours before the event and get a full refund.
Choose your payment method.
We offer you mainly three payment options: credit card payments, bank transfers, or payment on arrival. You can choose whatever is the most convenient payment option for you. If you opt for payment on arrival, we will collect a 10% advance payment from you as a guarantee once the booking is confirmed.
COVID-19 Special Information
- No restrictions
The trip can be booked with a single room for the entire trip with a single supplement (please inquire about your chosen category of hotel).
- A confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- A current, valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for this tour.
- All visitors to Buddhist and Hindu temples are expected to remove footwear and hats upon entering the temples.
- Dress code: shoulders and knees should be covered.
- The duration of transfers is approximate; the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- A current, valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions
- If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- Infants must sit on laps.
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers.
- Not suitable for travellers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- This is a private tour or activity.
- You can reach us 24 hours a day through our hotline, 0094-77-4440977.
Sigiriya and Dambulla One Day Tour
Time : 5:00 am
COLOMBO / DAMBULLA / SIGIRIYA / COLOMBO
Meet and greet with a Seerendiopity Tours representative and leave Colombo early in the morning (at 05.00 hrs.). En route, visit Dambulla Cave Temple and Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
GOLDEN CAVE TEMPLE DAMBULLA
In the 1st century BC, the king of Anuradhapura fled the city due to a South Indian invasion and took refuge in the caves of Dambulla. On recapturing Anuradhapura after 13 years, the king converted the caves into a monastery and gifted them to the Buddhist monks.
A Prince of the 5th century who committed patricide made the rock of Sigiriya his hideout in order to stay away from his half-brother, who sought vengeance. This prince, Kasyappa by name, not only fortified his stronghold but also added to its artistic beauty. (declared a world heritage site by UNESCO).
OPTIONAL LUNCH BREAK
We have already planned a lunch break on this one-day tour. However, if you do not need a break, we can continue the trip without a lunch break, or you can perhaps take a small break to have some refreshment.
In the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to go on a wildlife safari in Minneriya National Park. The Minneriya National Park is located close to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, and your driver guide takes you to the park within 15–20 minutes. The wildlife safari on Minneriya lasts between 3 and 4 hours, and it gives you the opportunity to see a large number of animals such as elephants, buffaloes, crocodiles, deer, monkeys, mungoes, and elusive leopards sometimes.
After the safari, return transfer to Colombo and end of the tour