Kithulgala water rafting package by seerendipity tours is truly an adventure pack, it includes Kithulgala water rafting (5 km), kayaking in the Kelaniya River and 1-hour jungle trek in the rain forest. You will have a comfortable ride on the Kithulgala water rafting package, in one of our air-conditioned luxury vehicles.
- Trip Outline
Kithulgala Water Rafting Package with Jungle Trekking
Kithulgala water rafting package by seerendipity tours is truly an adventure pack, it includes Kithulgala water rafting (5 km), kayaking in the Kelaniya River and a 1-hour jungle trek in the rain forest. You will have a comfortable ride on the Kithulgala water rafting package, in one of our air-conditioned luxury vehicles.
Kithulgala is an earthly paradise for adventure enthusiasts and it has earned the nickname “adventure playground of Sri Lanka”, due to the abundance of adventure thrills this jungle paradise offers, and rafting the Kelani River is one of the island’s ultimate thrills. On the trip down the Kelaniya River, the water rafting route is about 5km in length and has 5 major rapids and 5 minor rapids.
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeing), and only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This one-day trip mainly is an adventure trip with exposure to pristine forests. It’s one of the shortest trips we run in our Original style, perfect for those with very little time and a desire to see the natural beauty of Sri Lanka.
- The tour mainly revolves around Sri Lanka's hill country city of Kitulgala. You will be making frequent stops during the trip.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do outdoor activities when the heat is considerably low (in the morning and evening), however, there are instances that we have to do them during mid-day, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- White-water rafting in the River of Kelaniya (5 KM)
- Kayaking in Kitulagla along the River of Kelaniya(5 KM)
- 1-hour rainforest and village trek (1 hour), in search of exotic Sri Lankan bird species.
Itinerary in a nutshell
06.00 am Pick-up from the hotel in Colombo
09.00 am Arrival at Kithulgala and starts the white water rafting adventure
11.00 am jungle trek and Bird watching tour in the rainforest
01.00 pm local lunch in a restaurant
02.30 pm kayaking in the River of Kelaniya
04.30 pm leave for the hotel in Colombo
06.30 pm arrive at the hotel in Colombo
- Entire ground transport in an air-conditioned, modern, private vehicle.
- English-speaking driver/ guide (please inquire about other languages).
- Local lunch
- All entrance fees and activity costs are as per the tour itinerary.
- Equipment and safety gear are required on the trip.
- All government taxes.
- Personal expenses such as tips and gratitudes
- Any other extras
Cancel five days prior to arrival for a full refund
Choose your payment method
We offer you mainly three payment options credit card payments, bank transfers or payment on arrival. You can choose whatever is the most convenient payment option for you. If you opt for payment on arrival we will collect a 10% advance payment from you as a guarantee, once the booking is confirmed.
Time : 6:00 am
Meet and greet by Seerendipity tours representative and leave for Kithulgala,
WHITE WATER RAFTING
White Water Rafting in the picturesque Kelani River in Kitulgala covering 5 major rapids and 4 minor rapids. This activity is for anyone above the age of 10 years with safety gear, modern rafts, and a comprehensive safety briefing will be given by our white water rafting instructors beforehand. The distance covered is around 5 KM. The river and its surrounding will make you feel enchanted, with a memorable Experience during your tour.
You will walk through the village, jungle and plantations and search for the indigenous bird. Kitulgala is a top pick among the bird watchers in Sri Lanka where you have the opportunity to see many species of birds. Nature lovers, in particular, ornithologists, will be rewarded with sightings of the Crested Serpent Eagle, the Ceylon Spur Fowl, the Ceylon Hanging Parrot and the Lay lard’s Parakeet. Activities such as mountain-biking, cultural sites and sites of fruit orchards and lowland tea plantations can be experienced in Kitulgala.
TREKKING THROUGH RAINFOREST
Experience various fauna and flora of the Rainforest of Kitulgala Forest Reserve and see beautiful sceneries of waterfalls and streams hidden inside the forest. Have a cool dip in a scenic flowing water stream during your Rain Forest Trek in the Jungle of Kitulgala.
Kayaking in Kitulgala is suitable for experienced as well as novice paddlers and lasts about 1 hour. The 5-kilometre journey offers many beautiful places to stop, like sandy river banks, huge boulders and the labyrinth patches of riverside forests.
.......................End of the trip .........................