5 days Sri Lanka short circle tour (all-inclusive)- The cultural triangle tour includes 5 of the seven UNESCO world heritage sites of the island namely; Sigiriya, Dambulla, Kandy, Polonnaruwa, Anuradhapura while wildlife reserves, lakes, and remote hamlets are places to explore with activities such as wildlife safari, visiting the elephant orphanage in Pinnawala.
- Trip Outline
Short Circle Sri Lanka-5 days tour
This 5 day Sri Lanka cultural triangle tour is one of the best opportunities to see all major historical sites on a trip. The cultural triangle tour takes you to many important places with historical and natural importance. The tour includes 5 of the seven UNESCO world heritage sites on the island namely; Sigiriya, Dambulla, Kandy, Polonnaruwa, Anuradhapura while wildlife reserves, lakes, and remote hamlets are places to explore with activities such as wildlife safari, visiting the elephant orphanage in Pinnawala.
Sri Lanka cultural triangle tour starts from Colombo or at any other place convenient for you, but the pick-up location should be within Colombo. If the pick-up location is far from Colombo, there will be a supplement charge for the transfer.
The pick-up location and time will not affect the tour at all, because this is a private tour and the vehicle is reserved only for you and your associates. Having a private vehicle for the tour means that you can enjoy the tour while having maximum privacy, the tour will run at your own pace. An air-conditioned modern vehicle with a local driver/guide will be allocated for your trip.
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeings), only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This 5 days trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka tours, we run in our Original style, perfect for those, who look for a one week trip and a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip in Sri Lanka or a shorter trip please check our other tour itineraries.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours, city tours early in the morning or afternoon, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover wrists and below the knee. Same time you have to remove the head covers and shoes upon entering the temple. Please click here to know more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temple visits.
Places you visit on this trip
- Anuradhapura ancient city (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Anuradhapura.
- Polonnaruwa ancient city (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Polonnaruwa.
- Sigiriya rock fortress (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Golden temple Dambulla (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Dambulla golden temple.
- Temple of sacred tooth relic temple (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Tooth relic temple.
- Minneriya national park (Safari, optional). Read more about Minneriya safari.
- Guided walking tour of Horton plains national park. Read more on Horton plains national park.
- Hill country resort of Nuwara Eliya. Read more on Nuwara eliya.
- Royal botanical garden (1 hour 30 minutes walk in the garden). Read more about the botanical garden.
- Sri Lanka Tea plantations tour. Read more on Sri Lanka tea plantation tour.
- See the performances of typical Sri Lankan dancers musicians (1 hour). Read more on Kandyan cultural show.
- Spice gardens.
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage. Read more on Elephant orphanage.
- Touring Sri Lanka’s cultural triangle.
- Experience Sri Lanka’s historical and cultural heritage while visiting thousands of years old monuments.
- Cycling through the ancient monuments in Polonnaruwa.
- Kandy sightseeing tour with Kandyan cultural show, gem museum, silk garden.
- Take a 360-degree panoramic view from the summit of the Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Walking through the Spice Garden while learning about herbal trees and plants and spices.
- Walk in the Tea plantations and Royal Botanic Gardens of Peradeniya, Victoria Park and many more.
- Wildlife safari of Minneriya national park in search of wild elephants, crocodiles, bears and other wild creatures with local guide and driver.
- Walking tour of Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
- Walkthrough the trees, plants and veins as well as the orchid house of Peradeniya garden.
- Sigiriya Village hotel (2 nights).
- Oakray regency hotel-Kandy (1 night).
- Galway hotel-Nuwara Eliya (1 night)
- Accommodation for 4 nights in standard hotels.
- Daily breakfast (4 breakfasts), starting from day 2.
- Daily Dinner (4 Dinners), starting from day 1.
- Entrance fees and activity cost for below,
- Anuradhapura ancient city
- Polonnaruwa ancient city
- Dambulla cave temple
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Temple of the tooth relic
- Spice garden
- Kandy sightseeing tour
- English speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from the airport or hotel in Colombo
- Kandyan cultural show
- Royal botanical garden.
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure.
- Entire ground transportation as per the itinerary in a modern air-conditioned vehicle.
- The above are Nett and include all government taxes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc.
- Trekking through the Horton plains national park
- Minneriya national park safari
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay as you begin the trip. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same price that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as hotel supplements, transport supplements, GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats, available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
COVID-19 special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required they are provided by Seerendipity tours
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
For more information or changes to the itinerary please write to us at [email protected].
The time predicted to travel between cities may be varied depending on the traffic. If you have any time constraints, due to the departure flights, appointments etc, please inform us in advance, so that we can plan your Sri Lanka cultural triangle tour accordingly.
Please contact us at least a day before your Sri Lanka cultural triangle tour, so we can easily arrange our vehicles and guides. We do arrange hotel pick up from 40+ hotels for this trip. We do cover all hotels on the western and southern coast as well as Colombo airport.
The Sri Lanka cultural triangle tour can be booked with luxury accommodation as well as economical accommodations. The tour can be booked with 5-star hotels, four-star hotels, three-star hotels... however the standard tour package is planned with four-star compatible hotel accommodations. You will be notified of the hotel name before finalizing the Sri Lanka cultural triangle tour. The rate can make a notable difference across different hotels categories.
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / ANURADHAPURA / SIGIRIYA
Arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport, meet & greet by "Seerendipity Tours" representatives and proceed to the hotel in Sigiriya, En-route visit Anuradhapura ancient city. The journey from Colombo to Anuradhapura takes around 5 hours. We estimate that you reach Anuradhapura at around noon.
Anuradhapura city tour (3 hours)
After a leisurely lunch break, you explore ancient monuments in the ancient city. You visit Srimahabodhi, Ruwanweli stupa, twin pond, Jetawanrama dagoba and many ancient monuments.
Anuradhapura is the first capital of Sri Lanka dating back to 3rd century BC. It was the capital of Sri Lanka for more than 1000 years and the country was ruled by more than 100 kings and queens from Anuradhapura. Today Anuradhapura is visited by local and foreign tourists. Ancient Buddhist temples, Palaces, Museums, Parks, and lakes are some of the important places to visit in the city.
After the city tour drive to the hotel in Sigiriya on A9 road, the journey will take about 1 hour
No meals included today
Time : 8:00 am
SIGIRIYA / POLONNARUWA
Breakfast at hotel and leave for the iconic historical monument of Sigiriya rock fortress, the drive take around 10 minutes from your hotel.
SIGIRIYA HIKE (3 hours)
Sigiriya is one of the oldest landscaped gardens in the world, dating back to 5th century AD. The Sigiriya was built by King Kashayapa and consisted of many parts such as Sigiriya water garden, Sigiriya fortress, Sigiriye Gallery with paintings, mirror wall with old scripts. The paintings of Sigiriya were also originated in the 5th century AD. The paintings are still in very good shape.
After climbing Sigiriya rock, leave for the 2nd most ancient capital of Sri Lanka, Polonnaruwa. The journey will take around 1 hour, en-route stop for the lunch break.
POLONNARUWA CITY TOUR (2 hours)
The Polonnaruwa city tour includes a visit to the Historical Museum and a visit to the ancient city.
The historical city of Polonnaruwa is the 2nd most important historical city in Sri Lanka. Many kings ruled the island from Polonnaruwa and 3 Buddhist kings namely Vijayabahu, Parakramabahu and Nissankamalla are the most important rules who ruled the country from Polonnaruwa. Today Polonnaruwa houses a large number of temples, palaces, parks, hospitals and many other buildings of historical importance.
SAFARI AT MINNERIYA NATIONAL PARK (optional)
Minneriya national park safari is an optional activity and can be included to your Sri Lanka cultural triangle tour. The Minneriya safari lasts around 2 hours and you will be able to spot a large number of animals such as wild elephants, deer, monkeys, crocodiles, wild buffaloes.
Minneriya national park is most popular to spot wild elephants and there are opportunities to spot many large herds of wild elephants. A large number of the wild elephant gathering is frequent in the grasslands of the park near the Minneriya tank. These herds are consisting of several hundred animals in some instances.
Time : 7:00 am
SIGIRIYA / KANDY
After breakfast leave for Kandy, en-route visit spice garden and Dambulla cave temple. (the journey takes around 3 hour)
DAMBULLA CAVE TEMPLE HIKE (1 hour)
Dambulla golden cave temple is another important historical site with religious importance. The temple is dating back to 1st century BC. The temple believed to have provided shelter to the King Walagambahu in the 1st century BC, during the south Indian invasion. Later the King had built the temple after regaining his throne. Today it is a Unesco world heritage site and harbours more than 100 statues. The ceiling and wall paintings of the temple cover more than 2100 square feet.
WALK THROUGH THE SPICE GARDEN (1 hour)
Spices is a very important commodity for the island for many centuries, even today spices help the island to earn a large amount of hard currency. The village of Matale holds the reputation as the centre of the spice trade. You will encounter many spice gardens here and you are able to visit one of them and learn about the local spices.
KANDY TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH (1 hour)
The temple of the tooth relic also an important world heritage site in Sri Lanka and houses the tooth relic of Buddha. The temple rises next to the Kandy lake, near the modern part of Kandy city. The temple is visited by thousands of foreign as well as local travellers every day.
KANDYAN CULTURAL SHOW (1 hour)
This is a perfect opportunity to experience the typical Sri Lankan dancing and music. This is a live performance by expert dancers of Sri Lanka and the performance lasts 1 hour.
Oakray regency hotel
Breakfast and Dinner included
Time : 8:00 am
KANDY / PERADENIYA / NUWARA ELIYA
After leisurely breakfast leave for Nuwara Eliya, en-route visit Tea garden and factory, Ramboda waterfall and Peradeniya botanical garden. The tour also includes a city tour of Kandy with visits to the upper lake, gem museum, handicraft centre.
PERADENIYA BOTANICAL GARDEN
The botanical garden of Peradeniya is the first botanical in Sri Lank and most popular botanical garden on the island. The first activity of the day is a leisurely walk through the hgarden to see hundreds of trees, plants, veins and orchid species.
After peradeniya botanical garden, proceed to Nuwara Eliya via Ramboda. In Ramboda you will be stopping at Tea factory and later at the Ramboda waterfall.
Check-in the hotel at noon and at 14.00 hrs you will deparet to Horton plains national park.
HORTON PLAINS NATIONAL PARK
You will make a 3 hours trek in the horton plains national park while enjoying beautiful scenery as well as birds, many other animals as well as trees and plants.
Galway forest lodge hotel
Breakfast and Dinner included
Time : 8:00 am
NUWARA ELIYA / KITULGALA / COLOMBO
After leisurely breakfast at hotel, leave for Colombo, en-route stop at Kitulgala for optional white-water rafting and lunch.
..............................End of the trip...........................