Spend 3 memorable days with a full-day safari at Yala national park. You will be travelling along the south and west coast while encountering ancient Forts, pristine beaches, wildlife parks teeming with elephants, leopards and bear and picturesque hill country on this 3 days private tour.
Southern Sri Lanka Mini Tour -3 Days Private Tour
Spend 3 memorable days with a full-day safari at Yala national park. You will be travelling along the south and west coast while encountering ancient Forts, pristine beaches, wildlife parks teeming with elephants, leopards and bears and picturesque hill country on this 3 days private tour.
Trace the famous tourist places on the south coast on this rollicking 3-day tour of Colombo, Galle, Mirissa, Yala and Nuwara Eliya as well as part of Sri Lanka's hill country. Explore the icons and discover local spots in the perfect introduction to the pristine beaches in the south. Begin in throbbing Colombo and explore the spice gardens, museums, and forts by walk and drive. Travel to the most famous national park in Sri Lanka, Yala, which is one of the most popular for spotting leopards. Same times encounter the Galle Fort, which is the most popular iconic tourist attraction in the south and also a UNESCO world heritage site.
This 3-day tour offers the perfect introduction for first-time visitors to Sri Lanka. The trip includes round-trip private transport from Bandaranaike International Airport or your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo or any other beach resort on the west coast.
Start: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Finish: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Group size: Min 1 person
Nature of tour: Private
Why you'll love this trip
- The trip includes all sightseeing and transfers on private vehicles.
- The hassle-free trip includes all necessary components of the trip such as accommodation, meals, transportation, guiding, taxes and Seerendipity takes care of all of it.
- Trekking through the tea garden / Ceylon tea trail, spice garden.
- Guided walking tour of Galle fort to witness ancient constructions.
- Safari T Yala national park to see wild creatures such as leopards, crocodiles, elephants, deer, bears etc.
- Take a break from bustling cities in the hill country resort of Nuwara Eliya, where you can catch your breath and spend the night in the faded opulence of your heritage stay.
- This trip is perfect for people who like to get the most on a 3 days trip to Sri Lanka, as long travel days are kept to a minimum on an itinerary that hits several icons of central Sri Lanka.
Is this trip right for you?
- This compact trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka trips we run in our original style, perfect for those with little time and a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip or an adventure trip, please browse our tour itinerary page.
- In Sri Lanka, it can be extremely hot in the summer. While we organize our walking tours and city tours early in the morning or evening, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visited a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover your wrists and below the knee. Please click here to know more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temple visits.
Places you visit on this trip
- Yala national park (Safari).
- Galle Fort (1 hour 30 minutes walk in the garden).
- Sri Lanka Tea plantations tour. Read more on the Sri Lanka tea plantation tour.
- Spice and herbal gardens and learn about dozens of spices and herbs grown in Sri Lanka.
- Madu river estuary (river safari).
- Mask Museum.
- Hikkaduwa beach.
- Touring Sri Lanka's South and west coast.
- Nuwara Eliya sightseeing tour and visiting downtown.
- Walking through the Spice Garden while learning about herbal trees, plants and spices (this will be an easy walk that lasts about 1 hour).
- Walk in the Tea plantations and Royal Botanic Gardens of Peradeniya and many more (The walk in the botanical; garden lasts around 1 hour and you will cover about 2 km).
- Visiting a tea factory (Scottish) and see the entire process of tea manufacturing and taste a cup of unblended Ceylon tea.
- Wildlife safari of Yala national park in search of leopards, wild elephants, crocodiles, bears, jackals and other wild creatures with a local guide and driver.
This tour includes accommodation in a 4-star standard hotel, please inquire about other categories of hotels if required.
- 2 nights (3 days) of accommodation in standard hotels
- Daily Breakfast at the hotel, 2 breakfasts (starting from day 2)
- Daily dinner at the hotel, 2 dinners (starting from day 1)
- Nuwara Eliya sightseeing tour
- Ceylon tea trail
- An Ayurveda spa treatment
- Entrance fees for
- Guided walking tour of Galle Fort
- Madu river safari
- Mask Museum
- Spice garden
- Sea turtle conservation project
- Tea factory and tea tasting
- All-inclusive Yala national park safari (with jeep hire)
- Pickup and drop-off at the airport or local hotels
- All passengers are fully insured during the sightseeing tours
- Meeting arrangement at the airport
- Entire ground transportation in an air-conditioned, modern, fuel-efficient private vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking driver/guide for the entire tour (please inquire about other languages)
- Driver/guide meals and lodging
- Highway toll
- All current taxes
- The expenses of personal nature such as telephone, Internet
Cancel five days prior to arrival for a full refund
Choose your payment method
We offer you mainly three payment options credit card payments, bank transfers or payment on arrival. You can choose whatever is the most convenient payment option for you. If you opt for payment on arrival we will collect a 10% advance payment from you as a guarantee, once the booking is confirmed.
You can take part in one of our regular charity works by dedicating a few hours of your day. We arrange charity activities such as distributing food, school items, and medicine among the kids and poor people and everything is funded by our company. Please let us know in advance if you wish to attend one of those special occasions so that we can organize it near your hotel.
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay later. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, and we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on this page is the exact same price that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- The trip can be booked with a single room for the entire trip with a single supplement (please inquire about your chosen category of the hotel)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats are available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity.
- You can reach us 24 hours a day through our hotline 0094-77-4440977
COVID-19 special information
- We assist you to take a tourist visa to Sri Lanka, however, you have to apply online through https://www.eta.gov.lk/.
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Colombo / Bentota / Galle / Yala
You will be met and warmly greeted by your personal chauffeur guide at the Bandaranaike International Colombo Airport or your hotel in Colombo and drive to Yala via Galle (approximately a 6-hour drive with sightseeing),
Stop At Galle Fort, the UNESCO world heritage site in the south and the most important iconic tourist attraction in southern Sri Lanka, it sits halfway on the track to Yala from Colombo.
On the River Safari of Madu, this Ramsar wetland is a natural jewel with a large tract of mangrove forest and a wide range of wildlife such as monkeys, crocodiles, and monitors, as well as a large number of aquatic avian fauna species.
Other important places to encounter on the program are the spice garden, mask museum, sea turtle conservation project, and moonstone mines.
Projects have been launched to conserve the population of turtles that are reaching extinction, and such projects are found along the southern coast of Sri Lanka, where turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. The turtle digs a hole on the Beach, Lays her eggs, and covers them with sand where they are supposed to incubate in the heat of the sun. What often happens is, the eggs are dug out by fishermen and sold to people who consume them.
But now the eggs are bought up by the conservation projects and are hatched the Natural way in enclosed areas where the Birds don’t have a chance of picking them up, and the babies are let into the sea after two days at night, which offers them a better chance of survival.
Visit a spice garden at Bentota, where spices and herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown The spices of Sri Lanka attracted the early seafaring merchants who made the long voyages to purchase this precious merchandise.
MADU GANGA BOAT RIDE
In the global context, the ecological importance of this site has garnered it the ‘Ramsar Wetland’ status in 2003, making it the second largest wetland in Sri Lanka with a colossal 915 hectares and 23 islands inhabited by nearly 300 families. The River Sanctuary is now a Tourist Development Area and a Special Area Managed (SAM) by the Coast Conservation Department. Balapitiya is where the ‘Madu Ganga’ makes its home.
City OF Galle
Galle is one of the ancient seaports of Sri Lanka and was an anchor point on the Silk Route. It was later discovered by the Portuguese, who built a fortress, and the Dutch that succeeded them fortified it further. This fortress is now a World Heritage Site.
The fort has a colorful history, and today it has a multi-ethnic and multi-religious population. The Sri Lankan government and many Dutch people who still own some of the properties inside the fort are looking at making this one of the modern wonders of the world. The heritage value of the fort has been recognized by UNESCO, and the site has been inscribed as a cultural heritage UNESCO World Heritage Site under criteria iv for its unique exposition of "an urban ensemble that illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries.
The Galle Fort, also known as the Dutch Fort or the "Ramparts of Galle", withstood the Boxing Day tsunami, which damaged part of the coastal area of Galle town. It has been restored. The Galle Fort also houses the elite Amangalla resort hotel, located near the Dutch Reformed Church. It was originally built in 1684 to house the Dutch Governor and his staff. It was then converted into a hotel and named the New Oriental Hotel in 1865, which catered to European passengers traveling between Europe and Galle Port in the 19th century.
Unawatuna Beach is located just south of Galle, the main city in the south, and 125 kilometers from Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka. This 4-kilometer expanse of palm-fringed sand is said by some to rank among the twelve best beaches in the world. This beach is a paradise for all those who yearn to enjoy the silence of the sea and dive deep into the blue waters of the ocean. There is a reef protecting the beach, which makes it a perfect safe haven for bathing. Other major attractions of this southern beach include shallow waters for swimming and diving. Within its reach, there is an accessible, reasonably well-preserved coral reef that serves as the base for snorkeling.
Hikkaduwa is one of the most popular tourist destinations in southern Sri Lanka. It is 98 km south of Colombo, and its beautiful beaches add a lot of glamour to this town. It is the place where you can get a glimpse of the fascinating underwater world and see the creatures that inhabit the unfathomable depths of the sea. The famed coral gardens are located here. Just get hold of a glass-bottomed boat or goggles and flippers and plunge into the ocean.
Spend the night in Yala.
Hotel in Yala
Dinner is included at the hotel.
Early morning breakfast and leave for Safari at Yala National Park.
The full-day jeep safari takes tourists to most areas that they don't see on a regular safari. The safari lasts more than six hours. Here you see a large number of animals such as elephants, deer, mungos, monkeys, deer, crocodiles, buffalo, etc. Your personal jeep and the driver arrange your picnic lunch, which comprises delicious rice and curry along with fruits for dessert.
Overnight stay in Yala
Breakfast and Dinner at the hotel,
Picnic lunch during the safari
Yala / Nuwara Eliya / Colombo
After breakfast, leave for Colombo via Sri Lanka's hill country. En route,
Stop At Gregory Lake, Sita Amman Temple, and Haggala Botanical Garden.
Visiting Haggala botanical garden, which is one of the biggest and most popular botanical gardens in Sri Lanka and harbors a large number of trees, plants, veins, orchids, verandahs, and many other flora species, Take a walk around the garden, which lasts around an hour.
Stop at Gregory Lake
You will also do a walking tour of Nuwara Eliya and visit the oriental market, Balay Bazar. After the city tour, proceed to the hotel in Colombo.
Breakfast is included at the hotel.
End of the tour