Spend 3 memorable days with a full-day safari at Yala national park. You will be travelling along the south and west coast while encountering ancient Forts, pristine beaches, wildlife parks teeming with elephants, leopards and bear and picturesque hill country on this 3 days private tour.
Southern Sri Lanka Mini Tour -3 Days Private Tour
Spend 3 memorable days with a full-day safari at Yala national park. You will be travelling along the south and west coast while encountering ancient Forts, pristine beaches, wildlife parks teeming with elephants, leopards and bears and picturesque hill country on this 3 days private tour.
Trace the famous tourist places on the south coast on this rollicking 3-day tour of Colombo, Galle, Mirissa, Yala and Nuwara Eliya as well as part of Sri Lanka's hill country. Explore the icons and discover local spots in the perfect introduction to the pristine beaches in the south. Begin in throbbing Colombo and explore the spice gardens, museums, and forts by walk and drive. Travel to the most famous national park in Sri Lanka, Yala, which is one of the most popular for spotting leopards. Same times encounter the Galle Fort, which is the most popular iconic tourist attraction in the south and also a UNESCO world heritage site.
This 3-day tour offers the perfect introduction for first-time visitors to Sri Lanka. The trip includes round-trip private transport from Bandaranaike International Airport or your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo or any other beach resort on the west coast.
Start: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Finish: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Group size: Min 1 person
Nature of tour: Private
Why you'll love this trip
- The trip includes all sightseeing and transfers on private vehicles.
- The hassle-free trip includes all necessary components of the trip such as accommodation, meals, transportation, guiding, taxes and Seerendipity takes care of all of it.
- Trekking through the tea garden / Ceylon tea trail, spice garden.
- Guided walking tour of Galle fort to witness ancient constructions.
- Safari T Yala national park to see wild creatures such as leopards, crocodiles, elephants, deer, bears etc.
- Take a break from bustling cities in the hill country resort of Nuwara Eliya, where you can catch your breath and spend the night in the faded opulence of your heritage stay.
- This trip is perfect for people who like to get the most on a 3 days trip to Sri Lanka, as long travel days are kept to a minimum on an itinerary that hits several icons of central Sri Lanka.
Is this trip right for you?
- This compact trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka trips we run in our original style, perfect for those with little time and a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip or an adventure trip, please browse our tour itinerary page.
- In Sri Lanka, it can be extremely hot in the summer. While we organize our walking tours and city tours early in the morning or evening, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visited a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover your wrists and below the knee. Please click here to know more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temple visits.
Places you visit on this trip
- Yala national park (Safari).
- Galle Fort (1 hour 30 minutes walk in the garden).
- Sri Lanka Tea plantations tour. Read more on the Sri Lanka tea plantation tour.
- Spice and herbal gardens and learn about dozens of spices and herbs grown in Sri Lanka.
- Madu river estuary (river safari).
- Mask Museum.
- Hikkaduwa beach.
- Touring Sri Lanka's South and west coast.
- Nuwara Eliya sightseeing tour and visiting downtown.
- Walking through the Spice Garden while learning about herbal trees, plants and spices (this will be an easy walk that lasts about 1 hour).
- Walk in the Tea plantations and Royal Botanic Gardens of Peradeniya and many more (The walk in the botanical; garden lasts around 1 hour and you will cover about 2 km).
- Visiting a tea factory (Scottish) and see the entire process of tea manufacturing and taste a cup of unblended Ceylon tea.
- Wildlife safari of Yala national park in search of leopards, wild elephants, crocodiles, bears, jackals and other wild creatures with a local guide and driver.
This tour includes accommodation in a 4-star standard hotel, please inquire about other categories of hotels if required.
- 2 nights (3 days) of accommodation in standard hotels
- Daily Breakfast at the hotel, 2 breakfasts (starting from day 2)
- Daily dinner at the hotel, 2 dinners (starting from day 1)
- Nuwara Eliya sightseeing tour
- Ceylon tea trail
- An Ayurveda spa treatment
- Entrance fees for
- Guided walking tour of Galle Fort
- Madu river safari
- Mask Museum
- Spice garden
- Sea turtle conservation project
- Tea factory and tea tasting
- All-inclusive Yala national park safari (with jeep hire)
- Pickup and drop-off at the airport or local hotels
- All passengers are fully insured during the sightseeing tours
- Meeting arrangement at the airport
- Entire ground transportation in an air-conditioned, modern, fuel-efficient private vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking driver/guide for the entire tour (please inquire about other languages)
- Driver/guide meals and lodging
- Highway toll
- All current taxes
- The expenses of personal nature such as telephone, Internet
Cancel five days prior to arrival for a full refund
Choose your payment method
We offer you mainly three payment options credit card payments, bank transfers or payment on arrival. You can choose whatever is the most convenient payment option for you. If you opt for payment on arrival we will collect a 10% advance payment from you as a guarantee, once the booking is confirmed.
You can take part in one of our regular charity works by dedicating a few hours of your day. We arrange charity activities such as distributing food, school items, and medicine among the kids and poor people and everything is funded by our company. Please let us know in advance if you wish to attend one of those special occasions so that we can organize it near your hotel.
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay later. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, and we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on this page is the exact same price that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- The trip can be booked with a single room for the entire trip with a single supplement (please inquire about your chosen category of the hotel)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats are available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity.
- You can reach us 24 hours a day through our hotline 0094-77-4440977
COVID-19 special information
- We assist you to take a tourist visa to Sri Lanka, however, you have to apply online through https://www.eta.gov.lk/.
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Colombo / Bentota / Galle / Yala
Your private chauffeur guide will pick you up at the Bandaranaike International Colombo Airport (or your hotel in Colombo) and take you on the approximately six-hour trip to Yala via Galle (during which you will stop for sightseeing along the way).
Stop Located midway between Colombo and Yala National Park, Galle Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the most popular tourist destination in southern Sri Lanka.
The Madu River is home to a diverse array of animals, including monkeys, crocodiles, monitor lizards, and a vast variety of aquatic and avian species; a safari through this Ramsar wetland is a trip you won't soon forget.
The moonstone mines, sea turtle conservation project, spice garden, and mask museum are among highlights of the itinerary.
Sea turtle conservation project
Efforts have been made to preserve the dwindling turtle population in areas around the southern coast of Sri Lanka, where the reptiles land to nest. The female turtle excavates a nesting hole on the beach, deposits her eggs inside, and then covers the nest with sand so that the eggs may be incubated by the sun's warmth. Typically, fisherman would dig up the eggs and sell them to consumers.
The conservation initiatives now purchase the eggs and hatch them naturally in cages, protecting the young from predatory birds; after two days, the young are released at night into the ocean, where they have a higher chance of survival.
Stop by a Bentota spice garden to see where some of the herbs and spices used in Sri Lankan cooking and medicine are cultivated. Early seafaring traders were drawn to Sri Lanka by its spices and made the treacherous journey to the island to stock up.
Madu River safari
Because of its biological significance on a worldwide scale, this location was designated a "Ramsar Wetland" in 2003; it is the second biggest wetland in Sri Lanka, covering an enormous 915 hectares and including 23 islands that are home to approximately 300 people. The Coast Conservation Department has designated the River Sanctuary as both a Tourist Development Area and a Special Area Managed (SAM). The 'Madu Ganga' is located at Balapitiya.
Galle City Tour
Galle, a historical port on the island of Sri Lanka, played a significant role in the Silk Road. The Dutch, who came after the Portuguese, extensively fortified the area after discovering it. The United Nations has designated this fortification as a World Heritage Site.
People of many different backgrounds and faiths call the fort home today, adding to its rich tapestry of history. The government of Sri Lanka is planning to make this a contemporary wonder of the world, and many Dutch citizens still own residences within the fort. For its exceptional presentation of "an urban ensemble which illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries," the fort has been inscribed as a cultural heritage UNESCO World Heritage Site under criteria iv.
Part of the shoreline of Galle town was destroyed by the tsunami on Boxing Day, but the Dutch Fort, commonly known as the "Ramparts of Galle," held strong. It was fixed afterward. The Dutch Reformed Church in Galle Fort is next to the luxurious Amangalla resort hotel. In 1684, it was constructed as a residence for the Dutch Governor and his officials. In 1865, it was transformed into a hotel and renamed the New Oriental Hotel to serve the growing number of Europeans traveling through Galle Port on their way to and from Europe.
Located 125 kilometers from Sri Lanka's capital city of Colombo, Unawatuna Beach is a popular tourist destination. Some say this stretch of palm-fringed sand, which is around 4 kilometers long, is one of the world's top 12 beaches. Anyone who longs to relax in the calm of the ocean and swim in its deep blue waves will find heaven on this beach. The beach is sheltered by a reef, making it an ideal place to go swimming. This southern beach's shallow waters are a key draw for swimmers and scuba divers. A coral reef that is suitable for snorkeling is within its range and is easily accessible.
One of the most visited places in all of southern Sri Lanka is Hikkaduwa. Located 98 kilometers south of Colombo, this city is a popular tourist destination thanks to its stunning beaches. It's where you may witness the weird and wonderful animals that live in the ocean's depths, if you dare to venture there. This area is home to the world-famous coral gardens. Get yourself some snorkeling gear or a boat with a see-through bottom.
Stay at Yala
dinner at hotel
Have breakfast before you head out to Yala National Park for a safari.
The full-day jeep safari covers territory that is often off-limits to safari-goers. More than six hours will pass on the safari. Elephants, elk, mungos, monkeys, deer, crocodiles, buffalo, etc. are just few of the many creatures that may be spotted here. Your own vehicle and driver will set up a picnic for you in a scenic spot, complete with tasty rice and curry and fruit for dessert.
Overnight stay in Yala
Breakfast and Dinner at the hotel,
Picnic lunch during the safari
Yala / Nuwara Eliya / Colombo
Travel through the hill highlands of Sri Lanka on the way to Colombo, stopping at Gregory Lake, the Sita Amman Temple, and the Haggala Botanical Gardens after breakfast.
The Haggala Botanical Garden is a must-see if you're in Sri Lanka; it's one of the largest and most well-known gardens in the country and is home to a wide variety of plant life. Spend about an hour strolling the garden.
In addition to seeing Balay Bazar, an oriental bazaar, you'll go on a walking tour of Nuwara Eliya. Return to your hotel in Colombo after your sightseeing trip.
Breakfast included at the hotel
End of the tour