Discover the ruins of the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, the second kingdom of Sri Lanka, and explore the wondrous Sigiriya Rock fortress as well as the Dambulla golden temple. The 2-day trip also includes a wildlife safari in Minneriya National Park as well as a visit to the Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
Sri Lanka 2 days tour to Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa
Venture on this fascinating Sri Lanka 2 days tour to Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa to explore Sri Lanka's cultural triangle, discover the remains of Polonnaruwa, the second kingdom of Sri Lanka, and spend two days exploring the magnificent Sigiriya Rock castle and magnificent golden temple from the first century BC. You will have the chance to delve further into the past of these stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites with this tour.
First, our guide will take you up early in the morning from your hotel in Negombo, Bentota, or Colombo and transport you to Sigiriya.
Today, you will be touring the well-known tourist destinations of the Dambulla temple and the Sigiriya rock castle. This location is well-known for its golden-hued granite toadstool, which rises into the scorching blue sky from a hot, flat scrub-land wilderness and becomes a water garden during the rainy season. King Kashyapa domesticated Lions Rock in the fifth century by erecting a palace atop its peak. Sigiriya honours a portion of Sri Lanka's turbulent past.
On the second day, after breakfast, you will go to Polonnarue. Polonnaruwa, with its spectacular stone culture and well-preserved 12th-century remains, is the ancient heartland of Sri Lanka and an important royal city. Though it is almost a millennium old, it is younger than Sri Lanka's first capital, Anuradhapura, and generally in better condition. The monuments are grouped in a manageably small garden setting, making it simpler to follow their progression. A safari to Minneriya National Park later in the day.
On the second day of the trip, visit the Pinnawala elephant orphanage en route to your hotel in Colombo after visiting Polonnaruwa.
Is Sri Lanka 2 days tour to Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa right for you?
- All transfers and sightseeing are private, and the only people on the tour are you and your companions.
- This short excursion covers a lot of ground. This is one of our shorter tours in the original style, so it's ideal for people who are pressed for time but yet want to get as much done as possible.
- The cultural triangle cities of Sri Lanka, including Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, and Dambulla, are the focal points of the visit. Throughout the journey, you will stop frequently to see dozens of temples, monuments, animal sanctuaries, and many other sites.
- It can get very hot in Sri Lanka throughout the summer. Although we try to do our walking tours and city excursions in the morning and evening, there are times when we have to conduct them in the middle of the day. In these situations, please remember to stay hydrated and to pack any sun protection you may need, such as a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeve shirt, and water.
- Travelling with Seerendipity involves honouring the customs and sensibilities of the places you visit. In this manner, you maximise the benefits of your encounters with locals and their settings. During this trip, we visit several temples, all of which need clothing that covers the wrists and below the knee.
Activities included in the Sri Lanka 2 days tour to Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa
- Touring the important monuments in the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka
- Trekking to the Sigiriya rock fortress
- Visiting Dambulla golden cave temple
- A walking tour of the Polonnaruwa ancient city
- Visiting Tea factory and walking in a tea garden
- Visiting Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Witness elephant bath
- Walking tour of the spice garden (1 hour)
Highlights of Sri Lanka 2 days tour to Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa
- Ruins of the Second Kingdom of Sri Lanka
- See the Sigiriya Rock fortress
- Witness the Golden cate temple of Dambulla
- Professional English speaking driver/guide (please inquire for other languages)
- Accommodation on Double sharing basis 4-star hotel
- 1 breakfast and 1 dinner
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with an English speaking driver-guide.
- Entrance fees for the following site.
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Dambulla cave temple
- Polonnaruwa historical site
- Spice garden
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure.
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc.
- Wildlife safari Minneriya national park
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / DAMBULLA / SIGIRIYA
After saying hello to the personnel of "Seerendipity Tours," head to the hotel in Sigiriya.
TEMPLE GOLDEN CAVE DAMBULLA
A South Indian invasion forced an Anuradhapuran king to flee the capital in the first century BC, and the king sought safety in the Dambulla caves. After 13 years, the king restored Anuradhapura and gave the Buddhist monks the caves, which were now a monastery.
The Sigiriya Rock
The rock of Sigiriya served as a shelter for a 5th-century patricidal ruler who wanted to avoid his half-brother, who was out for revenge. In addition to fortifying his stronghold, this prince Kasyappa by name enhanced its aesthetic attractiveness (designated a world heritage site by UNESCO).
Spend the night in a hotel in Sigiriya or Habarana
Time : 7:00 am
SIGIRIYA / POLONNARUWA / COLOMBO
After breakfast at the hotel, depart for the historical site of Polonnaruwa. Later, transfer to Colombo, with a stopover en route.
The Mineriya National Park offers an optional safari and a spice garden.
The second-most ancient city in Sri Lanka is Polonnaruwa. Following Anuradhapura, it was designated as Sri Lanka's capital. Given that the ruins in Polonnaruwa are far older than those in Anuradhapura, they are also in far better shape.
This is an optional, at-your-own-cost activity. A safari tour in a car with a jungle tracker is part of this activity, where you can see animals in the Minneriya National Park. In the park, you can frequently encounter elephants, bears, wild boars, buffalo, monkeys, and, if you're lucky, leopards as well.
PINNAWALA ORPHANAGE OF ELEPHANTS
Approximately eight hectares of land in Kandy are home to an elephant orphanage that cares for approximately eighty elephants.
See a Matale spice farm where the herbs and spices used in Sri Lankan medicine and food are grown. The early seafaring merchants were drawn to Sri Lanka's spices, and they made the long journeys to buy this valuable merchandise.
End of the Tour